10 Mar PPO and QR Strategies from NYC
NYC Principal Performance Observation and Quality Review
A Curriculum Spark Webinar: How Atlas has supported one school’s journey.
Principal Ron Link and Assistant Principal Demetri Nicolopoulos from the Theatre Arts Production Company School (TapCo) joined Vicki So from Rubicon to talk about how they have maximized Atlas to support their PPO and QR process. Ron and Demetri shared the strategies that have helped create a culture of curriculum development, refinement and collaboration.
Resources from Part 1:
- Document shared during the presentation: Atlas Reports NYC QR PPO
Part 2: The Five Reports in Atlas to Support Your Quality Review
Vicki So built on the conversations with Ron and Demetri to share specific ways schools can customize Atlas with elements from the Quality Review Rubric and Principal Practice Observation Tool.
The five reports we focused on during the webinar:
- Common Core Standards & Shifts (1.1a)
- Higher-Order Thinking (1.1b) – includes Hess’s Cognitive Rigor Matrix, Revised Bloom’s Taxonomy and Webb’s Depth of Knowledge Levels
- Assessment Alignment (2.2)
- Structured Professional Collaboration (4.2a) – includes the Danielson Framework
- Curriculum Adjustments (5.1a)
Resources from Part 2: