FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Rubicon Announces New Product, LinkLogic, Connecting Student Assessment Results to Curriculum
A pioneering assessment data-driven system, LinkLogic visually transforms student assessment data into charts and graphs and helps analyze the impact of curriculum and instruction on student performance. With LinkLogic, teachers can use student assessment results to identify patterns in performance and inform curriculum revision.
Portland, OR, February 6, 2018: In the world of education, interpreting and making meaningful use of student assessment data is essential.
Rubicon International, the leading provider of curriculum design and instructional decision-making solutions for the K-12 marketplace, announced a new product, LinkLogic, a robust school-and district-wide data system that displays the results of multiple summative assessments in one place. LinkLogic has the unique ability to then overlay student performance data with curriculum.
“We built this tool in response to what the teachers and administrators we work with have been asking for — a centralized hub where you can look at multiple data points side-by-side, next to curriculum,” says Chris Stasi, CEO of Rubicon International. “The goal was to create a platform that links student performance with what is being taught in the classroom, and to provide reports and analytics that support meaningful, intentional data conversations.”
The LinkLogic dashboard organizes multiple sets of student assessment data into precise, easy to interpret, custom charts and graphs, which serve as a catalyst for supporting data-driven culture in schools. Other key features and functions of the assessment platform:
- Dynamic tools to aggregate students’ assessment results by grade, subject or student sub-groups to identify patterns in performance.
- Ability to designate your own student attributes to analyze the impact of your curriculum instruction on performance over time, in one central place.
- Compare performance and curriculum to see which skills need to be emphasized with more frequency, illuminating where shifts in instructional practice may be needed.
- Crosswalk between multiple forms of summative and common assessments and academic standards.
- Examine how often a skill is taught and assessed and easily identify gaps and redundancies in your instruction; see your assessments and targeted standards overlaid with assessment results.
Summative tests tell educators what students learned. LinkLogic indicates why and where to direct efforts to improve individual curriculum to better meet students’ needs.
“Curriculum is the foundation,” says Stasi. “But to gain a deeper understanding of students’ learning needs, it’s essential to connect the actual performance data to guide instructional change. LinkLogic offers the ability to do that.”
About Rubicon International
Rubicon International partners with innovative education leaders and schools around the world to improve student performance and instructional practice with curriculum management and assessment data integration software alongside professional development services. Visit rubicon.com to learn more.
Vice President Marketing