- Conor Riffle, Vice President of Smart Cities at Rubicon (Twitter, LinkedIn)
- Michael Allegretti, Chief Strategy Officer at Rubicon (Twitter, LinkedIn)
Accelerating Digital Transformation with Municipal Fleets (Rubicon Panel)
Throughout 2020’s public health, economic, social and environmental crises, the last year has demonstrated the ways in which digitized government fleets and operations can both safeguard the resiliency of essential city services and unlock the data-driven potential of our smart cities.
Digital solutions are crucial to the future functioning and sustainability of our government services. Looking through the lens of waste and recycling operations, fleets must be made adaptable to multiple uses, schedule changes and remote management. Operations and reporting need to be integrated across city departments. And service needs to be equitable for all city communities. Digital, data-driven technologies are the key to this essential transformation.
Join this panel of city leaders and technology experts to explore the digital trends and technologies that are supporting essential services in times of crisis, improving efficiency, and driving smart city innovation for long term resiliency.
- The Honorable Stephen Goldsmith, Derek Bok Professor of the Practice of Urban Policy, Harvard Kennedy School of Government, former Mayor of the City of Indianapolis, IN
- Michael Shaw, Director of Public Works, Kansas City, MO
- Jeff Friedman, Leader of Citizen Services, Amazon Web Services
- Conor Riffle, Vice President, Smart Cities, Rubicon
Adapting Infrastructure in a Pandemic
Communities have faced a number of challenges in responding to the COVID-19 pandemic including keeping people safe, helping businesses stay afloat, and addressing the impact of the crisis on everything from transportation to education and long-term public health. This panel will examine the role of connected infrastructure in pandemic response and how new sources of information from sensors and shared datasets can help communities better deploy resources to meet public need.
- Mari Silbey, Senior Director of Partnerships and Outreach, US Ignite (Moderator)
- Dan Bennett, Vice President of Energy Product Management, Sensus
- Mark Wheeler, Chief Information Officer, City of Philadelphia
- Michael Allegretti, Chief Strategy Officer, Rubicon
- Smart Cities Connect Conference and Expo 2021 (Spring)
- Accelerating Digital Transformation with Municipal Fleets (Rubicon Panel): Tuesday, April 13, 2021 at 2-2:40 p.m. ET
- Adapting Infrastructure in a Pandemic: Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 10-11:30 a.m. ET
Rubicon is a software platform that provides smart waste and recycling solutions for businesses and governments worldwide. Using technology to drive environmental innovation, the company helps turn businesses into more sustainable enterprises, and neighborhoods into greener and smarter places to live and work. Rubicon’s mission is to end waste. It helps its partners find economic value in their waste streams and confidently execute on their sustainability goals. Learn more at Rubicon.com.