This week at WasteExpo, the largest annual gathering of the American waste and recycling industry, the National Waste & Recycling Association (NWRA) honored some of the great independent haulers recognized as leading the way in the waste and recycling industry.
Founded in Chicago in 1962 as the National Council of Refuse Disposal Trade Associations, before moving to Washington, D.C. six years later, the National Waste & Recycling Association (which it was renamed in 2013) is a trade association representing private-sector waste and recycling companies across the United States, as well as the manufacturers and service providers that do business with those companies.
As part of our go-to-market strategy, Rubicon® works with thousands of haulers across the globe on sustainable solutions for cities and businesses.
For their recognized success at WasteExpo, and in joining Rubicon in our ecosystem of collaborating on sustainability and circular economy solutions, we would like to offer our own heartfelt congratulations to our following hauler partner drivers of the year:
- Bill White (Waste Connections, Inc.) – Driver of the Year for National Residential
- Michael McGarrity (Waste Industries) – Driver of the Year for Regional Commercial
- Joe Dahlmeimer (Rumpke Waste & Recycling) – Driver of the Year for Regional Industrial
- Alvaro Mora (All Waste, Inc.) – Driver of the Year for Local
Under NWRA’s Hall of Fame category, Rubicon would like to congratulate:
- Ven Poole (Waste Industries)
- John Spegal (Advanced Disposal)
Under NWRA’s Distinguished Service category we would like to congratulate:
- Tom Agema (Homewood Disposal)
- Kevin O’Brien (WCA Waste Corporation)
- Mike Savage (PTR Baler & Compactor Company)
Finally, under NWRA’s Chapter Leadership category we would like to congratulate:
- Steve Edwards (Advanced Disposal)
- Michael O’Connor (Premier Waste Services)
Congratulations to all of the above individuals and teams. We’re excited to continue working alongside you in our mission to end waste, in all its forms.
Charles Zinkowski is Director of Communications at Rubicon. To stay ahead of Rubicon’s announcements of new partnerships and collaborations around the world, be sure to follow us on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter, or contact us today.